We are excited to announce we are hiring a Director of Collaborative Action Networks.
SAM’s Director of Collaborative Action Networks oversees all collective impact undertaken by SAM, and supervises the staff and volunteers involved in these efforts. The Director facilitates, coaches, and provides technical assistance in support of the work of SAM’s Collaborative Action Networks. These Networks consist of cross-sector partners focused on improving specific targeted academic achievement outcomes on multiple stages of learning, county-wide, cradle to career.
At present, one Network is active: The School Readiness Collaborative Action Network; and three others are to be formed in the immediate future:
- Third Grade Reading/Math Network
- High School Readiness Network
- Career/ Workforce Network.
One or two additional Networks will be formed by the end of the Director’s first year of employment.
The Director leads in the formation of SAM’s Collaborative Action Networks; arranges and coordinates their activities; coaches, facilitates, and provides data as needed; and builds networks’ internal capacity to work effectively on the improvement of action planning and outcomes. Specifically, the Director will:
- Provide tools, methods, training as appropriate to build group capacity in support of continuous quality improvement.
- Support the development of trust and effective working relationships within networks, coaching through conflict resolution and addressing performance and participation issues.
- Identify and implement organizational development opportunities.
- Support staff and volunteers as needed
- Assist in building and improving data collection systems and engage all Network members in understanding and engaging data in their work.
- Bachelor’s degree required/graduate degree preferred, and at least five years of experience engaged in facilitation and data analysis.
- At least three years of supervisory experience at the staff level.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written communication skills and proven public speaking experience required.
- Flexibility, independence, critical thinking, and decision making skills.
- Commitment to working in team settings and an understanding of internal and external customers, including staff and volunteer management.
- Ability to exercise tact and good judgment.
- Ability to compile information and prepare reports.
- Effective time manager, ability to manage responsibilities independently and exercise initiative, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Applications/nominations will be reviewed beginning July 14th and continue until the position is filled. Employment will begin in August or as soon thereafter as possible.